Cozy Construction and Care

Protect your Kindles, Ipads, Scrap-booking (Cricut, Silhouette, Xyron), Binding and Laminating machines from those nasty little dust bunnies with a lovely cozy that is guaranteed to fit like a glove! Each cozy features pretty, coordinating fabrics (100% cotton) that have been machine-quilted over a layer of batting and muslin lining. All seams have been finished and the binding has been hand-basted. A button, bow, or applique embellishment adds a delightful finishing touch to each cozy. Your Cozy will certainly be a pretty addition to any work space, and will keep your Cricut Expressions/Cakes, Creates/Personal Cutters, Cuttlebugs, Gypsies, Imagines, Kindles, and Ipads free from dust, scratches, and normal wear-and-tear and damage for years to come! All cozies may be machine or hand-washed in cold water. Line dry or use low heat when drying in a clothes dryer. A cool iron may be used, if necessary. INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING INQUIRIES WELCOME. Orders will be shipped via USPS within 10-14 days of payment, and in most cases sooner. Click on pics to enlarge.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Do You Suffer from CWS?

Okay...I admit it.  I have taken my sewing machine along with me on vacation.  Sometimes warm oceans and sandy beaches and just aren't all they're cracked up to be ;)

But, in my defense,  I've only done that twice.  I will admit, however, that I'm not an outdoor-type girl.  I don't like being hot.  When I'm in the sun for more than 15 minutes, I begin the process of burn-freckle-peel.  And, did I mention that I'm a mosquito magnet?  I must have succulent flesh, because I can be standing beside my husband and he doesn't attract a single insect.  But I return to the great indoors covered with silver-dollar-sized welts that itch for days.

  I'm an indoor-type girl.  All I need to have a good time is some air conditioning, a comfortable chair, and a puzzle to work on.  For me, a vacation is a change in the routine.  It's a time to get together with my family.  It's a time when the stresses of life are forgotten for a short period of time and I have few responsibilities.

But, sometimes during a vacation, my CWS flares up.  (Craft Withdrawal Syndrome)  If I don't work on a craft project for long periods of time, I get restless, irritable, and short-tempered.  (This is not to be confused with PMS)   The only cure for CWS is to have a craft at hand.  Even a few minutes of crafting can lessen the intensity of these symptoms.

It's good to know that wherever you are in the US, a Walmart is no more than 15 minutes away.  In a pinch, I can go there and pick up a skein of yarn and a crochet hook.  It's a quick, inexpensive cure when the symptoms flare up.   

These are some baby blankets I have crocheted during bouts of CWS.  In spite of the nagging symptoms, I think they turned out pretty well :)

 













For more details about these blankets, check out my Etsy shop.  :)







No comments: